Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snippets of Spring...

Camellias, Daffodils, and Winter Honeysuckle from my Yard.







 

Y


ou have heard me moan and groan about the lack of cutting flowers in my new yard....well, I will groan no more! Being in the busy fog that I have been in, I almost forgot to look up and see what I really do have! Flowers, lots of them!!!!...Lucky for me, my bright eyed children gasped the other day
" MOMMY, LOOK AT ALL OF THE FLOWERS!!!!".  Camellias, and Daffodils, and Snowdrops, OH MY!!!  It seems like it is going to be a good spring after all:)

And keeping with the flower theme, her is a little snippet for My Little/Big Girl's room....I found this awesome fabric that I think will be the jumping off point.  It is painterly,(for my little artist) and bright,( for her personality) and screams Eliza to me.  (I am going to sit on it for a week to make sure I am not just having spring fever)...but I really think I can do alot with it.  Drapes and a Bedskirt....and all of the colors in between!!!



8 comments:

Meredith Jewell said...

You took beautiful pictures of the flowers in your yard but I have to say I'm completely shocked at all that has popped up due to this weather! Do you just have fabulous soil? Or what's your secret?!

quintessence said...

So envious!! Can't wait to get out from under all this snow!! We are just starting to see grass - can't wait for flowers!

Nicole Terry Merrell said...

Wow-thats amazing..Spring is arriving early in Columbia! I love that fabric too, how exciting!

Unknown said...

So jealous. We are still under snow. I bought some daffodils at the store and they brought a little spring indoors!!!

xoxo E
ps: I live down the road from quintessence and just noticed her comment! :)

My Interior Life said...

Love all your blooms (we have none so far that I can see), and that fabric is great!

LiveLikeYou said...

You're so lucky Gretchen, all I see in my yard is gray,gray,gray!

René said...

Oh how pretty! We are just behind you, but not too far.

SHERRY HART said...

Really pretty pictures...oh my gosh! We are about the same in Atlanta!