Thursday, December 15, 2011

Changing up the Mantel



 I have not fallen off the face of the earth....just haven't had much time to blog lately.   I have actually had a bit to write about, it was just the ACT of writing that I was having a hard time with.

Soooooo,

Since it is the Holidays, I thought I would show you all my Mantel.  Yesterday, I picked up some auction finds, and I had gotten a group of 5 pieces of artwork. 




I was more into the frames than the artwork....because they were so gorgeous.  But there was a little surprise in one of them.  The painting (it is actually a reproduction of a Cezanne) was UNDER another print....which is probably more valuable than the reproduction.  2 pieces of artwork for the price of 1!



 

I really like the original print, and think it would be really sweet in a little girl's room...but the colors of the Cezanne, just so happen to work in my living room right now.  And I was getting REALLY tired of the grouping of mirrors that I had.  It gave me just the nudge and what I needed to get my Holiday Mantel DONE!  Funny how that works.  I need something "new" to get my bottom in gear.  Can't leave well enough alone! Now, I just have to find those silly stockings.



I am off to get ready for the day.  Have a good one.  Tis the Season!


2 comments:

Holly Gruszka said...

What a fun bonus art behind art! I'd really love to get to an auction at some point. Isn't it true though sometimes it just takes one thing to get you moving on something you've been procrastinating about? Have a great day Gretchen!

A Perfect Gray said...

love the art,g. it looks great. BTW, did you see NB is not being renewed for another season? ugh.