Monday, February 7, 2011

Under a Pile...

The 2 munchkins at ski school...Miss Julia was so nice!
 
I love getaways...and ours was a blast...the skiing was great...the kids learned to ski, and I got to ski with my husband in the morning and enjoy the hot tub to soothe the achey muscles in the evening...while the kids played in the pool (lifeguards in ski pants is definitely a new experience!)...we look forward to many more of these family excursions....


I am sure the bare chested guy in the pic will appreciate me snapping a shot...so look beyond it to the sunset and view!


But

I don't love the piles that come along with them when you get home. I do feel refreshed, don't get me wrong and we had a wonderful time....

it is just the PILES!!!!   The UN-packing!!!!  All of the DOG hair from me not sweeping every day! I have a policy of trying to leave the house clean, so that when we return it is nice....but I swear the dogs had a party when we were gone!

Anyway, I am making this short and sweet today, because I have quite a bit of unpacking and laundry to do.
 
Have a wonderful Monday.

BTW: I highly recommend Snowshoe Mountain, WV. 

6 comments:

Design Blooms said...

Ha! I love the part about your dog-I have a golden-so it is out of control! Hope you have a successful day!

quintessence said...

Oh yes - reentry is always so hard after being away on a carefree holiday!!

pve design said...

I want to see your piles! I bet they are really tasteful and elegant....just like you.
I'd say I would take piles and piles for any getaway with my family. (or bloggers)
pve

My Interior Life said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm very jealous. One day, we'll take the kids skiing. But yes, the piles are no fun. And the dog hair? I can totally relate. I just had to take my vacuum cleaner to get it serviced today. I believe it's dog hair-related.

Unknown said...

We're heading to Stratton, VT this weekend and next with the little fellas for some skiing/snowboardng/hot chocolating, etc...

Nothing like fresh mountain air to rejuvenate the grown ups and tire out the under 10 set!

Glad you had such a great time.
xo Elizabeth

The Buzz Blog said...

Being a ski family, we relish the winter months spending time on the slopes and in the hot tub! Nothing like a cold glass of wine and warm bubbles after a day on the mountain... Sounds like you had a blast (and the dogs, too!)
xxoo