Monday, July 5, 2010

Renovation Retrospective

This is THE house.

A s many of you know, or don't know.  We (my husband, and 2 children) just (2 months ago) moved into a house that we renovated.  We acted as our own contractors (with the help of a contractor friend), and made all of the design decisions including the kitchen, to interior and exterior. I wanted to blog about the 5 month long process as it was going on, but with all of the DECISIONS, DUST, and DELIRIUM that went along with the renovation....I just couldn't work it in.  

Sooooooo, over the past couple of weeks I have been thinking about how I could work the renovation into this new blog endeavour of mine.  I thought a Renovation Retrospective was in order.  AND  as I blog about each room's renovation, I will be decorating it in "real" time.  You see, I am on a bit of a deadline, b/c we are hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.  I want the downstairs to be decorated and D-O-N-E!  If you are anything like me, I need a little bit of motivation to get my bottom in gear, AND to make decisions. 


At the beginning of each month I will declare a room to blog about...you will see it from the beginning to the designed finished product.

Here is the Room To-Do-list (in no particular order)

Dining Room
Living Room
Den
Study
Laundry

(the kitchen is pretty much finished...so I will include it in the dining room redo because they are attached)


Tomorrow will be the first room announcement.


1 comment:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

beautiful home! I love your kitchen, you did a fabulous job! I want to see all the befores and afers.
I'm getting the itch to move. We have our dream neigborhood in mind and the house we would be able to afford will need lots of love...I'm wondering if we are ready to do it again but on a much bigger scale.

Londen