Saturday, July 3, 2010

Yummy July Goodness...


Photograph by MOI
100+ degrees in the south marks Blueberries and South Carolina Peaches.  Soooooooooooo good!!!!  There is nothing better than Peach and Blueberry Cobbler for July 4th.  I am a fan of peachy, blueberryie, bready goodness. 

Peach Blueberry Cobbler

3 cups of peaches
1 1/2 cups of blueberries
 (peaches cut up placed in a greased casserole dish along with the blueberries)
 sprinkle with sugar and cinnamen)

Topping
2 cups of flour
1 1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups of milk (maybe a little more)
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
dash of salt
3 tablespoons of melted butter

stir all ingredients until smooth pour over peaches and blueberries.   Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly and just browning.

Take out serve with icecream.  YUMMY JULY GOODNESS.

( I would post a picture of the result, but as of posting it is still in the oven....it smells OH SO GOOD!


A funny story about this recipe...the summer when I was 15 I babysat for a family who made this peach cobbler. Something about the breading and peaches...I had NEVER.   I gobbled it down (the kids got very little), She gave me the recipe, and I made it all summer long.  I have been known to make individual peach cobblers just pour moi.  Along with individual rice krispy treats but that is another story....

Ever since that summer, I have LOVED Peach Cobbler.

It is really easy to do in small batches...once you know the taste you can make it for 1 or 100.   I started putting the blueberries in when I had run out of peaches one year and HAD to have my cobbler...the rest, is history. 

HAPPY 4th of JULY WEEKEND.

2 comments:

Christie McGregor said...

I'm making your cobbler this afternoon! I'll let you know how it turns out and if you're lucky, I might save you a slice. :)

Kelly Koski said...

Yummmmm, I am totally making this. :)