Friday, January 28, 2011

Bring the Sunshine in....

via Remodelista
The Queen of Yellow Mary Douglas Drysdale

via design sponge Lori andrews


via decorpad
Via House Beautiful  Gideon Mendelson
via Country Living
via Country Living

Thinking that it is the weather that has me wanting more of yellow in my house...unfortunately for me, Mr. O does NOT like yellow (this is fairly new news to me) so I want to keep him happy.  For now I will just dream, and maybe a bowl of lemons on the table will suffice.

via country living

Thinking about all my blogland friends and family up north that are neck deep in Snow. 
I Know you are making lemons into lemonade...only a couple more months....

Cheers.



7 comments:

My Interior Life said...

I really needed this sunny pick-me-up. Happy Friday!

Meredith Jewell said...

I used to be obsessed with yellows, so it's fun to see them back in decor/rooms again. I LOVE that bathroom and the messiness (sp?) of the paint job on the walls...very cool and unique!

Unknown said...

Loving yellow right now. Probably b/c every where I look I see 3 feet of snow!

I can't wait for lemonade season!
xo E

Anonymous said...

Gretchen: I'm running over to Maria at Color Me Happy to share your post. She has declared yellow to be the new color, and I think she's way ahead of Pantone!! This is a beautiful post.
Best,
Liz

Anonymous said...

guess i'm more on the bus than i thought! i currently have samples of these sunny yellows up on the focal wall in my dining room! :) leaning towards Behr's 'citris'.

quintessence said...

So cheerful!! And I LOVED that Gideon Mendelson feature in House Beautiful. I think I have to use that fabric somewhere!!

LiveLikeYou said...

Oh NO! Mr O doesn't like yellow? You must convince him. Perhaps sneak in some yellow in some great color combinations so he won't notice... I think it's perhaps the best color there is! Such a happy post!