Monday, January 3, 2011

The New Year...an ocean of possibilty.

This painting was painted for me by my mother for Christmas...yes, she is one talented lady:)  and I LOVE her!I have always loved this photo...my feelings about it can be summed up here.
A



s I sent my little girl back to school after the break I thought....The New Year for adults is kind of like the first day of school.  The possibilities of what the year will bring, what we will learn, the people we will meet, the struggles, the successes, the hope and fear of what lies ahead.  The only thing we have added are those pesky resolutions.  I would rather think of the New Year as an Ocean of Possibility.  I could POSSIBLY  be be more organized, and exercise more...eat healthier, Read more, and POSSIBLY create all of the things on my list...hopefully I will,  maybe I won't. 

Just like students, we are really just building on what we learned the year before,  maybe changing things up a bit, educating ourselves through life's lessons to know better and be better.  I think we are always better as the years go on...How couldn't we be...older AND wiser?

It might be a bit scary and who knows what is in store, but I know I am excited. 

Just like that feeling of the first day of school....a few butterflies but swelling with anticipation....what will I learn, who will I meet, will I succeed?

I don't know that I properly thanked all that were so supportive this past year...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU from the bottom of my little heart!  I can't wait to share this New Year with you...and am excited for the new people I will meet along the journey.

Here is to a New Year, a clean slate, a fresh start, building on what we learned the year before!

9 comments:

René said...

You must be beside yourself Gretchen. That painting is stunning and now I see where your talent was fostered. Best of luck to you in the new year in everything you do!

-Rene

pve design said...

Now your Mother is a keeper! I always love how a Mother can show us limitless possibilities!
Fantastic. I love the ocean....of possibilities of a new year.
pve

quintessence said...

What a beautiful painting - you can feel the love. And I loved your thoughts for the new year - positive, encouraging and perceptive. Wishing you all the greatest possibilities fulfilled in 2011!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Gretchen!!!! I know your ocean of possibilities is limitless. Throw your arms open wide and let the world come to you.

And, you might strap yourself in. I think it's going to be a wild ride - just a feeling! :)

xo Elizabeth

The Buzz Blog said...

Happy New Year, Gretchen! The apple doesn't fall far the tree seeing your mother's wonderful talent and knowing your talented, too. May this year bring calm seas and many blessing!
xxoo

Amanda said...

love that painting!! Happy New Year!!!

ALR said...

The painting is just lovely. Happy New Year, may this be the best year yet!!

Amy R.

Allison said...

That painting is gorgeous, Gretchen. What a lovely and very special gift. I loved your post. It's so beautifully written and inspirational. I look forward to following you. I'm so glad that your chair on Rene's Cottage and Vine blog led me to you today. I wish you a happy and healthy 2011.

i4Design said...

So, talent runs in the family! I see... Great painting!