Monday, August 16, 2010

The first day of school


by moi

My little girl started school today.  A monumental day in a child's life, and I am finding out in mine too....Weirdly, I feel more like a Mom now than I have since she was born....somehow "real" school denotes "real" parenting to me.  So I shed a tear or two about that this morning...but for the most part have held it together.  Patting myself on the back:)

Of course, I had homework for the first day...

The "tell us about your child" project.  This was what I came up with,  I made the photo kind of fuzzy, like an old photo (this wouldn't mean anything to anyone else, but it symbolizes Eliza's old soul, she is the most understanding child, somehow like she has done this before...)  The image just sums up this wonderful little girl of mine...and it is so poignant that she is looking into the ocean, the ocean of possibility, promise, and adventure.  What will she learn, who will she meet, what does this life have in store?

But please go slow, this past 5 years has flown by, can I PLEASE stop time.

3 comments:

René said...

I completely understand what you are going through and I can only tell you that it gets harder each new school year. The beginning of school is a very sad time for me - love having my kids home.

You must be very proud of your girl - she sounds well prepared for her new chapter.

-Rene

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! We know where she gets her creativity from.

xo

Eddie & Jaithan

mom said...

This is the third time you have brought me close
to tears!! -- STOP !
Love you and look forward to reading your
blog every day :-)