Sunday, August 8, 2010

Impromptu gift...the best kind.

My pretty mug, and new vase.



The other day, I was surprised by a really nice impromptu gift.  My mother, an incredibly talented artist, and ceramicist brought these to me.
The pop tart and cofee:)


They just happend to match the hostas and daisys I had on the dining room table...
isn't it nice when things work out like that?


There is nothing better than an unexpected, handmade gift.  We had such a nice time sipping coffee, visiting, and eating our pop-tart...(i wish I had handmade scones or something more appropo, but pop-tarts (especially, cinnemon sugar) is what I had on hand.  Oh,, and not only did I get 4 matching coffee mugs, but I got a really pretty matching pitcher/vase.  I am so lucky to have such a talented mom, who likes to lavish me with her wares:)

Aren't they pretty??? 


5 comments:

René said...

What a treasure! Your mother is quite talented and I'll bet the two of you enjoyed your morning as if you were enjoying a 5 star breakfast. It doesn't matter what I do with Mom, we always have a good time and no matter how much time we spend together, it is never enough.

As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...now I know where your talent comes from.

-Rene

Dining and Decor said...

How thoughtful and talented your mother is. I love the poptart on such a pretty plate!

And thanks for stopping by my blog recently!... Glad to have you.

pve design said...

What a sweet and lovely gift. This is a reminder for me to give my very own Mother something from me, from my heart.
Yes, talent seems to run in the family~
pve

Gretchen O. said...

Thanks all! I know I am a lucky girl...the best gift that she has given me is the gift of creativity, I hope I can pass it on to my son and daughter.

Kelly Koski said...

I do love this set (and everything your mom makes!) and I love how you put hosta leaves in your arrangement.