Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Birthday Luncheon

Design by Moi, photo by Gretchen Opgenorth



ILOVE planning parties!  It is one of my favorite things to do...and I am so happy to finally be settled enough in the new house to feel comfortable planning them again.  Imagine my excitement when I was asked to help host a friend's 40th Birthday Luncheon, at MY house.  A LUNCHEON, my favorite.  Having visions of a beautiful tablescape, china, linens, flowers, and yummy food....Bliss:)

Oh, and the little push a impeding party gives me to finish all of the projects I have stacked up.  (my husband calls me a crazy woman when I host things like this, I just call it INSPIRED)  So here is the first step to the party.  Invitations.  They just went out yesterday.  Let the party planning begin.

Do you like planning parties as much as I do???

5 comments:

René said...

How fun!! You are so talented. I love the design.

-Rene

Gretchen O. said...

Thanks Rene! It is something I really enjoy doing.

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Beautiful invites! Your blog is lovely too. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

xo,
cristin

pve design said...

You should design Everything LEB's wedding invite.
just stunning, love the color.
pve

pve design said...

oh, yes, nothing like planning a party to check off a list of things, like clean the house, move the piles and bring in the positive energy of a party.
it's like bringing a baby home!
pve